Shoutcast is a pioneer in online radio streaming and is one of the largest streaming technologies for online broadcasting, hosting more than 87,500 radio stations from all around the world. With more than 100 new online radios created every day, the Shoutcast network represents up to 33 billion listening hours per week. Through a wide range of tools and services, Shoutcast enables DJs, podcasters and radio enthusiasts to stream their content easily and seamlessly.
We are looking for passionate audio lovers to help us achieve exciting new heights. Come join us!
You will be responsible for providing support to Shoutcast operations. As a level-1 Customer Support Specialist, you will provide guidance and support to Shoutcast applications users, administrative support to internal collaborators as well as technical input to engineering teams when required. As a member of the support team, you will be directly responsible for analyzing, troubleshooting, resolving or escalating issues within the Shoutcast environment. Aside from troubleshooting, you will be responsible for overseeing recurrent processes such as payments, monitoring the Shoutcast environment’s functionality and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Provide technical assistance to end users to solve technical problems using the Shoutcast platforms and eventually become a Shoutcast product specialist, able to deep dive in more complex issues.
- Collaborate with the IT team to channel feedback and ensure product quality.
- Collaborate with the Targetspot teams to report issues regarding ad content.
- Advocate for customer needs by organizing a feedback loop with the business and development teams for continuous product improvement.
- Deliver training and support to end-users.
- Keep technical documentation and procedures up to date.
- Assist operations in recurrent processes such as flagging invalid traffic or broadcaster payments issues.
- Ensure preventive maintenance.
- 2-5 years work experience as a L1, ideally L2 application support engineer.
- Knowledge of audio streaming (including codecs, bitrate, CDN - mastering Shoutcast and/or Icecast solutions a definite plus).
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and general use of ticketing platforms such as Zendesk or Jira.
- Ability to follow and manage SLA’s.
- Experience with support of Web-based business applications.
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows OS.
- Excellent organization skills, ability to systematize and prioritize.
- Investigation and diagnostic skills.
- Customer support experience and problem solving skills.
- Patience and empathy.
- Fluent in French and English (Spanish a plus).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent through experience.
What we offer:
- A permanent, full-time contract with a competitive salary package.
- The possibility to be a part of a young and dynamic team where own initiative is encouraged, and personal growth fostered.