Audiovalley is an ambitious corporate group that holds pioneers in digital audio, including Winamp, Shoutcast and Targetspot.
How do we define ourselves? As a trusted facilitator in the audio industry, we form a bridge between the different actors and enable them through better technology, innovative approaches, and transparent results.
As a next step in Audiovalley’s journey, we want to bring the legendary Winamp into our ecosystem and hope to extend it with the many services that are already used & loved by a global community of audio enthusiasts.
To set things in motion, we are looking for a Senior Project Manager. This role includes managing multiple vendor relationships and defining how partnerships are established and maintained in the Winamp ecosystem.
You will work closely with our internal Product and Tech teams, identify opportunities for external partnerships, specify contractual terms, and provide follow-up to assure everyone is on the same track while working on the different building blocks of the Winamp platform.
- Be responsible for the negotiation, execution & completion of contracts with vendors
- Consolidate status reports with internal & vendor project managers
- Report on progress, budget & risks, and provide recommendations to the various stakeholders in the Audiovalley group
You have the qualities of a servant leader, who can encourage teams in finding compromises & solutions to complete their projects and who is able to generate empathy and goodwill in (potentially) high-pressure situations.
- You are passionate about anything audio and especially music
- Knowledge of the inner workings of the industry is a plus
- Good taste in music is optional
- You have a good understanding of tech
- Experience with SaaS/PaaS, product development, SLAs
- You are able to synthesize, connect and present complex ideas to various audiences
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Comfortable with public speaking & pitching ideas
- Outstanding written communication skills
- You have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently (or as the leader of a small team) as a pragmatic, neutral facilitator between teams
- Strong rational empathy and servant leadership skills
- Experience in coordinating teams in a multi-vendor, multi-time zone environment
- Proven ability in managing relationships with high-level stakeholders
Good to know
We aim to assemble a global team in which everyone values inclusivity, intelligence, and kindness as the foundations for how we work.
- Audiovalley’s HQ is in Brussels (where we speak French, Dutch and English)
- The Winamp team can be global (working language is English)
- Flexibility, balance and general well-being are essential parts of work & life
As a team, we advocate new ways of working:
- We work agile
- By defining & respecting conventions based on best practices from Agile, Lean, Scrum, DevOps, and other methodologies
- By focussing on flow (addressing constraints, providing continuous feedback)
- By valuing individual responsibilities, contributions & accountability
- We manage our knowledge
- By building a common understanding & defining clear requirements
- By keeping things centralized, structured & up to date
- By using the right tools and processes for versioning, approval & sharing
- We continuously improve
- By succeeding & failing together as a team and learning from experience
- By putting thought into how we work
- By using dedicated R&D time, experimenting & sharing knowledge