Audiovalley is an ambitious corporate group that holds pioneers in digital audio, including Winamp, Shoutcast and Targetspot.
How do we define ourselves? As a trusted facilitator in the audio industry, we form a bridge between the different actors and enable them through better technology, innovative approaches, and transparent results.
As a next step in Audiovalley’s journey, we want to bring the legendary Winamp into our ecosystem and hope to extend it with the many services that are already used & loved by a global community of audio enthusiasts.
To design and define the new Winamp and its ecosystem we are strengthening our product team. Our product owners are either responsible for a front facing element of Winamp, or its back-end be it for a player, a cloud, a marketplace and more.
You will work closely with the other product owners and be part of super motivated team, you will define and identify the features of your pillar and work on with internal and external developpers team to bring your backlog to life. You will do the follow-up to assure everyone is on the same track while working on the different building blocks of the Winamp platform.
- Be responsible for your product’s pillar and it’s backlog
- Coordinate with the product team and prioritize resources in a broader roadmap than just your own
- Work out features together with the taem, keeping the product vision in mind
- Keep track and map out project dependencies and identify risks
You have the qualities of a servant leader, who can encourage teams in finding compromises & solutions to complete their projects and who is able to generate empathy and goodwill in (potentially) high-pressure situations.
- You are passionate about anything audio and especially music
- Knowledge of the inner workings of the industry is a plus
- Good taste in music is optional
- You have a good understanding of tech
- Experience with SaaS/PaaS, product development, SLAs
- Are agile or other relevant methodology certified
- You are able to synthesize, connect and present complex ideas to various audiences
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Comfortable with public speaking & pitching ideas
- Outstanding written communication skills
- You have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently (or as the leader of a small team) as a pragmatic, neutral facilitator between teams
- Strong rational empathy and servant leadership skills
- Experience in coordinating teams in a multi-vendor, multi-time zone environment
- Proven ability in managing relationships with high-level stakeholders
Good to know:
We aim to assemble a global team in which everyone values inclusivity, intelligence, and kindness as the foundations for how we work.
- Audiovalley’s HQ is in Brussels (where we speak French, Dutch and English)
- The Winamp team can be global (working language is English)
- Flexibility, balance and general well-being are essential parts of work & life
As a team, we advocate new ways of working:
- We work agile
- By defining & respecting conventions based on best practices from Agile, Lean, Scrum, DevOps, and other methodologies
- By focussing on flow (addressing constraints, providing continuous feedback)
- By valuing individual responsibilities, contributions & accountability
- We manage our knowledge
- By building a common understanding & defining clear requirements
- By keeping things centralized, structured & up to date
- By using the right tools and processes for versioning, approval & sharing
- We continuously improve
- By succeeding & failing together as a team and learning from experience
- By putting thought into how we work
- By using dedicated R&D time, experimenting & sharing knowledge